Dr Wolfgang Muller
I am a Consultant Paediatrician at London Northwest University Healthcare NHS Trust and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust (Stanmore). I work as a Specialist in Paediatrics.
I have completed my medical training in Germany with several attachments abroad. I studied at Germany's oldest Medical School in Homburg and spent a year on exchange in Exeter and Newcastle (United Kingdom) as well as 1 month in Shimla (India). I qualified in 1992 in Germany with top grades. I completed my postgraduate specialist training in London at Hammersmith Hospital in Neonatology, Great Ormond Street Hospital in Intensive Care and Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Royal London Hospital in Paediatric Respiratory and General Paediatrics and at Northwick Park and Hillingdon Hospital in General, Newborn and Community Paediatrics. I continued two years of research at Great Ormond Street Hospital on respiratory conditions in intensive care settings. During that time, I worked as a Medical Officer on the private Paediatric Intensive Care Unit at Cromwell Hospital. I started working as a consultant at the London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust from 2003 onwards.
Since working as a Consultant Paediatrician in 2003 I have been Lead Clinician in General Paediatrics and Clinical Director for the Children's Department at London Northwest University Healthcare NHS Trust. I am a Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and a Member of the Royal College of Physicians and registered with the General Medical Council (UK) [GMC number 4076841].
In 2018 I was offered an Honorary Senior Lecturer post in Paediatrics and Child Health at Imperial College London and became Honorary Editor of the Journal of Paediatrics & Neonatal Care. I also received various awards, which are listed on my website.
I am a Medical Director for the Resuscitation Council UK for Advanced Life Support Courses for Children as well as Newborns. I am also an Examiner for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and the Imperial College London for Final Year Medical Exams.
Together with a colleague, I set up a formal teaching course [MRCPCHmockEXAM ] to provide help with the preparation for a higher specialist examination for trainee doctors. The examination is essential if you want to become a specialist in Paediatrics and is widely regarded as one of the hardest exams in the career of a Paediatrician.
I am registered with an independent feedback website [iWantGreatCare] for the ongoing patient and parent assessment of the care I provide and all reviews can be accessed via my 'Feedback" page. In 2018 I received a 'Clinical Excellence Award' from iWantGreatCare.
I am married with two children. I grew up in Munich (Germany) and moved to work in the UK in 1992. Outside work my hobbies are most sports but in particular football, diving and skiing. I love high altitude trekking and outdoor activities and am keen on bird watching.
- 1992 Final Exam in Medicine with top grades
- 1992 Registration with GMC (GMC number 4076841)
- 1996 Membership of the Royal College of Physicians
- 1996 Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- 2005 Recognition as Specialist in Paediatrics
- 2006 Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- 2006 Examiner for Final Year Medical Students (Imperial College London)
- 2009 Instructor for European Paediatric Advanced Life Support for Resuscitation Council UK
- 2009 Instructor for Newborn Life Support for Resuscitation Council UK
- 2010 Clinical Director in Paediatrics LNWHT (ended 2014)
- 2013 Medical Director for European Paediatric Advanced Life Support for the Resuscitation Council UK
- 2014 Medical Director for Newborn Life Support for the Resuscitation Council UK
- 2014 Examiner for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- 2016 Member of the British Respiratory Society
- 2016 Member of the European Respiratory Society
- 2018 Honorable Editor of the Journal of Paediatrics & Neonatal Care
- 2018 Honorary Senior Lecture Paediatric Medicine at the Imperial College London
- 2018 Course Director MRCPCHmockExam www.mrcpchmockexam.com
- 2020 Member of the British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- 2020 Appointed as Lead Paediatrician to the Medical Staff Committee at St John’s Hospital