Dr Gabi Highman is a Chartered Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years’ experience working both in the NHS (as therapy team lead and a senior manager for adolescent inpatient services) and privately. She has particular interest and expertise in providing therapy with adolescents, families and adults suffering from anxiety, OCD, depression, attachment difficulties, relationships problems and trauma.
Gabi has training in a range of different therapies which include:
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Systemic (family) therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) - a therapy that was specifically developed to help with depression.
- EMDR(Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) is a therapy developed for working with people who suffer from trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
This enables her to match which therapeutic approach is best suited to both the problems and the individual themselves. Her expertise enables her to uphold her ethos and commitment to person-centred therapy and evidence-based practice.
Gabi provides a warm, welcoming and safe space for therapy.