The skin is the largest organ in the body, so it’s vital to look after it. Your skin can be the first place where signs of an issue show up – such as acne or eczema – and it can go through a lot in our lives, from grazes to sunburn. Your skin protects the rest of your body and can also have an impact on your self-esteem, so if you’re not feeling confident about your skin right now, then it’s a good idea to get some help. There are 7 good reasons why you should visit a private dermatologist.
- You notice that something has changed – For example, a mole has changed size, or there is a patch of skin that seems different in terms of texture or shape. A private dermatologist can help you to get treatment quickly for something urgent and set your mind at ease if the problem is not critical.
- Your skin feels problematic, e.g. itching or rashes – This could be something as simple as allergies, and a private dermatologist can prescribe a medication to help bring the reaction under control.
- There are issues with your nails – That could be a fungal nail infection, for example, or an ingrown nail. The health of your nails can often indicate other problems in the body, from heart conditions to diabetes, so it’s a good idea to make an appointment with a private dermatologist if you have nail issues so that you can rule these out.
- Acne is a problem – Many people experience issues with acne. If you’ve tried all of the over-the-counter advice and solutions and got nowhere, then a private dermatologist could be the way forward. You’ll get personalised recommendations and access to treatments you may not have tried before.
- You’re experiencing hair loss – This could be a few more hairs on the pillow in the morning or something more extreme. Laser therapies and other treatments can make a big difference in hair loss and prevent this in the future.
- There are scars you’re not happy about – That could be acne scars or marks that cuts, scrapes etc, have left behind. Many different treatments are available to help with scars, including microdermabrasion, laser therapy and many others. A private dermatologist will have insight into and access to all of the most innovative options so that you can get the treatment that works for you and leave behind any self-consciousness.
- Your skin feels irritated a lot – It could be itching and redness, for example, or skin that seems to flake off constantly. We often assume that problems like this are seasonal or due to environmental conditions, but there might be something deeper at work that you need to tackle. For example, you may have a chronic skin condition, even something that you have inherited from your parents. Diagnosing and treating this can bring instant relief.
Getting help from a private dermatologist can set your mind at ease when it comes to anything related to your skin.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s vital you get them checked out as soon as possible as a preventative measure and to put your worries at ease.
Contact our reception today.