Staying on top of your health is vital
At Chase Lodge Hospital, we believe that staying on top of your health is one of the most important things you can do. That’s why we recommend that everyone get certain medical tests done every year, regardless of age or gender. These medical tests can help catch health issues early on when they’re easier to treat and have a better chance of being resolved.
- Blood Pressure Screening – Checking your blood pressure is a simple, non-invasive medical test that can be done at any time. High blood pressure is often called the “silent killer” because it can cause damage to your heart and blood vessels without causing any noticeable symptoms. A blood pressure screening can help identify if you have high blood pressure, which can be controlled with medication and lifestyle changes.
- Cholesterol Screening – A cholesterol screening measures your levels of HDL, LDL, and triglycerides, which are all types of fats in your blood. High levels of LDL cholesterol can contribute to heart disease and stroke, while low levels of HDL cholesterol can also increase your risk. A cholesterol screening is important because it can help you make dietary and lifestyle changes to improve your levels.
- Blood Glucose Test – A blood glucose test measures the levels of glucose (sugar) in your blood. High levels of glucose can indicate diabetes or pre-diabetes, which can lead to serious health complications if left untreated. A blood glucose test can also help identify if you have hypoglycaemia, which is low blood sugar. Regular blood glucose tests can help you manage diabetes or prevent it from developing.
- Pap Smear and Pelvic Exam (for Women) – Women should have a pelvic exam and Pap smear every year. This test can help detect any abnormalities in the cervix, such as cervical cancer or sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Women who are over 21 or sexually active should get this test every year, even if they feel healthy.
- Prostate Exam (for Men) – Men over the age of 50 should have a prostate exam every year. This exam can help detect prostate cancer, which is the most common type of cancer in men. It’s important to catch prostate cancer early because it can be treated more effectively.
Regular Health Checks at Chase Lodge Hospital
Keeping up to date with these medical tests and getting them done every year can help you stay on top of your health and catch any potential health issues early on. If you’re due for any of these tests or have any concerns about your health, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Chase Lodge Hospital to schedule an appointment via our “Contact Us” page.
Our membership schemes give you discounted access to our team of professionals every month, you can find out more by visiting our “Membership Schemes” page.
Remember, prevention is always better than cure!