Phil and Laura Godfrey have provided osteopathic services at Chase Lodge for a number of years.
Osteopathy is a natural manual therapy which seeks to overcome the wide range of problems resulting from disturbances of the body’s framework and moving parts. Essentially Osteopathy is a way of detecting and treating damaged tissues such as muscles, ligaments, nerves and joints. When the body is balanced and efficient, just like a well tuned engine, it will function with the minimum of wear and tear, leaving more energy for living.
At your first appointment, a full medical history will be taken, an examination performed and treatment given. The musculoskeletal assessment will be considered alongside lifestyle factors and suitable treatment plan determined. A detailed explanation is given with advice, including exercise, diet and lifestyle changes to prevent a recurrence of the problem. If other treatment is indicated, referral to an appropriate specialist is discussed.
Osteopathy can help with:
- generalised aches and pains
- joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- arthritic pain
- general, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- uncomplicated mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
- headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- migraine prevention
- frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- circulatory problems
- minor sports injuries and tensions
- digestion problems
- joint pains, lumbago
- muscle spasms
- rheumatic pain
- inability to relax